Saturday, October 3, 2015

There IS A God!

But He/She/It may not be the same as most people think. It probably is not what Christians think It is, and CERTAINLY not what the Muslims think. There is A God. A superior intelligence somewhere in the universe that created, and orders this universe. I have but to look at the complicated mechanisms in nature all around me to believe this. I would be a FOOL to deny it. But I just don't think it is a man who went around barefoot wearing a beard trying to convince people he's the “Son of God." If you hate me for saying that, sorry. It's true. If that “turns you off on me,” I'm sorry your thinking is so insular. I'm sorry to lose you. You can hate me but that doesn't change it. I am not a Christian. I am a “rational individualist” who refuses to be “led” because a majority of others believes in something. But I am NOT an atheist. Some militant atheists say that's a constitutional thing. They believe that NO VESTIGE of religion should be associated with ANY governmental agency.

But that's not true. That's not what the Constitution says. It says simply, “NO LAW shall be made “respecting the establishment of a religion, or impeding the free exercise thereof.” That's all. It did NOT say there be an be NO vestige of ANY religion anywhere near a governmental institution. So the words, “In God We Trust” on the back of a squad car is NOT unconstitutional. Nor is posting the “Ten Commandments” in front of, or within a governmental installation. What part of NO LAW don't they understand? militant atheists seem to think they have the right to stop ALL expressions of religious thought in schools, or anywhere else owned by the government. They don't, and it's time they learned that. Any religion but Islam, it looks like today. They're strangely silent when teachers have their students write, “There is no God but Allah, and Muhammed is his prophet.” (The Federalist Papers)

No comments: